Allermatch allergen finder: Input Form
This webpage features the following three ways of analysis to identify a relationship
between your input sequence and an allergen from the database:
As explained under Databases, comparisons can be run against either of the following two databases:
- 80-amino-acid sliding window: The input sequence is
chopped up in 80-amino-acid windows. For each 80-
amino acid window, the program counts which allergen it hits
(with a specific identity).
- Full Alignment: Use FASTA to perform a full alignment.
- Wordmatch: Look for an exact hit of 6 or more contiguous amino acids in a sequence in the database.
- The AllergenDB_propeptides_removed databases contains allergen sequences from which the signal- and propeptide sequences are removed when post-translational modifications (PTMs) were predicted by UniProtKB.
- The AllergenDB_original_sequences database contains the non-processed allergen sequences with PTMs.